Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Par 3--an exercise in frustration


The old adage that golf is won in its short game is so very true. We tackled The Ridge today and while it was a beautiful par 3 course, the holes were challenging. Glen's power worked against him and I have to learn more accuracy with my shots. It was a fun course, though, and the views were spectacular since it overlooks Cordova Bay.

The 6th hole is a killer as the green is a peninsula and the tee box up above it. I used my 3 wood because I did not want to lose a ball to the water. It arced out beautifully but landed in the drop zone beyond the hole. Glen had issues with his irons and despite taking a mulligan had to use the drop zone. In the end, I did lose a ball to the water as my wedge shot was too forceful. I have to learn finesse.

We hope to head back on Thursday to tackle The Ridge again now we know the lay of the land. The best thing was being able to play as a twosome and the women definitely outnumbered the men. Glen didn't mind as he says we must conquer our short game since the driving range really only works the long drives.