Thursday, July 9, 2009

Golf--Never the Same Twice

We were up early today hoping to make an 8:30am tee time. Half the seniors of Victoria were at the course with us. Being a Thursday morning, I guess we shouldn't have expected anyone but retirees and vacationers. A group of five women arrived after us and were split so two joined us, Judy and Joan. They were good golfers but were there to have fun and not keep score. I was definitely not on my game but I didn't six-putt any holes so that was nice. I'm still getting used to playing on wet grass. The greens were very fast today due to yesterday's rain and several of my chips sped across the green and onto the other side. It was most frustrating. Glen was the only one who got par.

Judy and Joan suggested we try a 9 hole Par 3 course up the penninsula so after we finished golfing we headed up there to check it out. The Ridge is across from the Cordova Bay Golf Course and seems to be a part of a larger complex which includes luxury condos and Mattick Farm with its tea house, shops, and mini golf course.