Monday, August 30, 2010

Going Home

Our trip home was as seamless as the trip down. Thank you, Alaska Airlines!

Because we left the Sahara early, we ate breakfast at the airport and I had a tasty breakfast sandwich with ham and eggs at Fresh Attractions. I find it difficult to negotiate an airport without coffee so it was surprising that I even made it to this small café.

When we landed in Seattle, we changed terminals and found our gate easily enough. It was lunchtime and I wanted to have our last meal in an actual restaurant. Anthony's was our choice. It was a seafood place with wall-to-ceiling windows so you could see the planes taking off. Glen had a delicious crab/shrimp melt while I indulged in tempura prawns, onion rings and zucchini slices. Mike had halibut and chips and Meg, seafood alfredo. All very sumptuous. I wish that all airport dining could be so enjoyable and tasty.

Bonus on our trip home was free beer. Thank you, Alaska Airlines! Called Okto, it was brewed in Portland, Oregon by the Widmer Brothers.

We arrived in Calgary on time, our luggage appeared in the 20 minutes Alaska guarantees, and we were home by 6:00 pm. For those who had to work the next day, this allowed for unpacking and generally getting settled back into a normal routine . It was a fun trip but four days was about all I could handle of the sights and sounds of Las Vegas. Would I return? Of course. Viva Las Vegas!