Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Golfing at the Ridge


Today we planned to golf. Rain or shine. Not that I would golf in the rain but I would go to the covered driving range if it were wet. Well, it was mix of sun and cloud when we left the condo and headed up the peninsula to The Ridge. I brought my rain coat but never used it.

We had a great time playing this par 3 course overlooking Cordova Bay. The cherry blossoms were a mass of white on the trees bordering the course and red rhododendrons were scattered among the holes. The daffodils had seen better days but were still a show of yellow.

Not many souls had ventured out on the wet grass to play so we pretty much had the course to ourselves. It was the first time we'd been on a golf course since the fall so it was good to play again. I floored myself by making par on the first hole and landed my ball on most of the greens. My putting was horrid but I was very happy with my irons. Glen struggled with the first 6 holes but then did a great job on the last three sinking a fantastic putt on the final hole. I had a great iron shot on the 9th hole except it hit a rock along the edge of the green. It bounced a good 20 feet in the air before plopping into the water. A spectacular end to my game.